Words: Josh Millar
Images: Offside Sports Photography / Coca-Cola Great Britain
Do you wanna touch the Premier League trophy? Sure you do. Who doesn’t?
Coca-Cola have announced they are taking the Premier League trophy on a tour of England, Wales, and Ireland. It’s a great way to get football fans as close to the big cup as possible until it gets locked in Man City’s trophy cabinet for the next fifteen years. The trophy will be taken around the country on a Coca-Cola bus, where fans can get the full Premier League experience.
As part of the tour, fans will be able to compete in a ‘Battle of the Ballers’ tournament, where they can test their FIFA skills in a city-specific tournament at every stop. But if gaming isn’t your thing, you’ll get the chance to out-commentate Martin Tyler and his mates in the ‘Take the Mic’ challenge, commentating on some of the Premier League’s greatest moments in history. Get some honey and lemon down you first, though. Best of all, every location involves a Q&A sesh with a legend of the game, alongside a meet and greet with the player and, importantly, the gorgeous trophy.
If you want to get your hands on the silverware, the big red bus will be coming to these locations on the following dates:
- Saturday 23 March—Liverpool, Williamson Square, L1 1EL
- Saturday 30 March—Newcastle, Times Square, NE1 4EP
- Saturday 06 April—Cardiff, St David’s Shopping Centre, CF10 2EF
- Saturday 13 April—Dublin, Dundrum Town Centre, Dundrum Shopping Centre, Sandyford Road, Dundrum, Dublin 16
- Saturday 20 April—Manchester, Exchange Square, M3 1BD
- Saturday 27 April—London, to be announced